We are ACN 69 056 930 931 registered in Australia. Our registered office is at 10 Strzelecki Avenue, Sunshine VIC 3020, Australia.
This is a notice to tell you our policy about all information that we record about you. It covers both information that could identify you and information that could not.
Our mission is to protect your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all users of our web site are quite rightly concerned to know that their data will not be used for any purpose outside the scope of this privacy notice, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party. Our policy is both specific and strict. It complies with Australian law. If you think our policy falls short of your expectations or that we are failing to abide by our policy, do please tell us.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
Here is a list of the information we collect from you, either through our web site or because you give it to us in some other way, and why it is necessary to collect it:
Basic identification and contact information, such as your name and contact details.
This information is used:
- to provide you with the services which you request;
- for verifying your identity for security purposes;
- for marketing our services and products;
- information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
Market place information
When we obtain information from you specifically to enable you to buy or receive a service offered on our web site by some other persons, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person or persons.
Your domain name and e-mail address
are recognised by our servers and the pages that you visit are recorded. We shall not under any circumstances divulge your e-mail address to any person who is not an employee or contractor of ours and who does not need to know, either generally or specifically. This information is used:
- to correspond with you or deal with you as you expect.
- in a collective way not referable to any particular individual, for the purpose of quality control and improvement of our site;
- to send you news about the services to which you have signed up;
- to tell you about other of our services or services of sister web sites.
Information you post on our website
Information you send to us by posting to a forum or blog or in your advertisement is stored on our servers. We do not specifically use that information except to allow it to be read, but you will see in our terms and conditions that we reserve a right to use it in any way we decide.
Website usage information
Business and personal information
This includes all information given to us in the course of your business and ours, such as information you give us in your capacity as our client. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect you to reciprocate this policy.
We keep information which forms part of our business record for minimum of seven years. That is because we may need it in some way to support a claim or defence in court. That is also the period within which our tax collecting authorities may demand to know it.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make web sites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
You can manually disable cookies at any time – check your browser’s ‘Help’ to find out how.
- to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you.
- to operate our content management system.
- to operate the online notification form – the form that you use to contact us for any reason. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and is programmed to be deleted when you close your browser.
- to enhance security on our contact form. It is set for use only through the contact form. This cookie is set on your arrival at our web site and is programmed to be deleted when you close your browser.
- to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to improve your experience of our site. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from, and the pages they visited. For more information please see section 8. Google Analytics, Adwords and Remarketing.
- to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it again when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 30 days.
- to enable you to watch videos we have placed on YouTube.
Google Analytics, Adwords & Re-marketing
This website uses the Google AdWords Remarketing service to advertise on third party websites (including Google) to previous visitors to our site. It could mean that we advertise to previous visitors who haven’t completed a task on our site, for example using the contact form to make an enquiry. This could be in the form of an advertisement on the Google search results page, or a site in the Google Display Network.
This website also employs the use of Google’s 3rd-party audience data to provide us with information on site visitor’s age, gender, location and interests. This information is used by us to:
- Optimise the 4Legs Pet Food Company webiste to the needs and interests of site visitors.
- Optimise our online display ads and target Internet users based on their age, gender, location and interests through the Google Display Network.
opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or
permanently using a browser plugin.
Sending a message to our support system, known as the 4Legs Helpdesk
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is. We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Third party content
Our web site contains sections that may be used as a publishing medium in that anyone may register and then publish information about himself or some other person. We do not moderate or control what is posted. If you complain about any of the content on our web site, we shall investigate your complaint. If we feel it may be justified, we shall remove it while we investigate. Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content which offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we shall not correspond with you about it.
Job application and employment
If you send us information in connection with a job application, we may keep it for up to three years in case we decide to contact you at a later date.
If we employ you, we collect information about you and your work from time to time throughout the period of your employment. This information will be used only for purposes directly relevant to your employment. After your employment has ended, we will keep your file for six years before destroying or deleting it.
Content you provide to us
If you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to the entire World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
With your permission we pass your email address and name to selected associates whom we consider may provide services or products you would find useful. You may opt out of this service at any time by instructing us at http://4legs.com.au/contact.php
Information we obtain from third parties
Although we do not disclose your personal information to any third party (except as set out in this notice), we do receive data which is indirectly made up from your personal information, from software services. No such information is identifiable to you.
This is information given to us by you in your capacity as an affiliate of us or a customer or client of ours. Such information is retained for business use only. We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of the information and of the terms of our relationship. It is not used for any other purpose. We expect any affiliate to agree to reciprocate this policy. As an exception to this, we have the right to disclose your first name and URL of your affiliate connection to other affiliates and to any other person or organisation, on and off site. The reason is solely to enable us to mention winners and others whose performance as an affiliate is in some way outstanding.
Use of site by children
If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
Disclosure to Government and their agencies.
We are subject to the law like everyone else. We may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order.
- At any time you may review or update the personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by contacting us at the address below. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Sale of your personal information
Except as specified within this privacy notice, we do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose any of your information to any person outside our business.
Data may be “processed” outside Australia
Our web site is currently hosted in Australia. This may be subject to change. We also use services hosted both in Australia and abroad for various aspects of our business. Presently our online support system is based in the United States. Data obtained within Australia may be “processed” outside Australia and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
Compliance with the law
This confidentiality policy has been developed so as to comply with Australian law. If you think it fails to satisfy these laws, please contact us.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us. We may request personal information from you in order to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.